Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Job Hunt

Back on September 20th I started the long process of applying with the Utah Highway Patrol. I've gone through the physical testing, the suitability assessment, the EXTENSIVE background investigation, and the oral boards. On Friday I received a letter informing me of the results of the oral boards. The passing score was set at 70% and I came in with a whopping 66%! So the dream of UHP has been shot down for now. I felt like the boards could have gone either way. I guess it just isn't meant to be for now. Luckily, the closing of this door hasn't left me without another option. I was offered a full-time position with IFA where I have been working part-time for the past year. Right now I have met with Keith, my manager's boss, and he said I will need to meet with either Steve Palmer, the President, or one of his cohorts before I can officially be offered the position, but from the way my manager and Keith were talking it seems like I'm good to go. Who knows, maybe this new position will open doors to bigger and better things?

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Way to stay positive. You rock! Good luck with IFA. Talk to you soon. gfghxfjgzgthunj.46i0 (That is from Nico)

Teisha said...

Sorry to hear about not passing on the UHP boards. It is awesome that you are so positive!! Hope everything works out good at IFA!!

A.K.A. - Adam, Kasey, Ady said...

We'll I can't find Ty's blog and not find yours. Looks like you are doing great! Good to catch up!
Kasey