Friday, October 16, 2009

Reflecting

I am sitting here feeling uncomfortable, miserable, and anxious for the arrival of our little Trevor; however, I can't help but think about the last nine months and the journey we have had. I thought that before life gets too crazy once Trevor gets here, that I should reflect on the things I have enjoyed and will miss once he gets here.
1. Telling Matt that we were pregnant and hearing his excitement over the phone.
2. Matt and I scheming together with how we were going to tell both his parents and mine.
3. Seeing their excitement.
4. Keeping the pregnancy a secret for 3 months from everyone but immediate family. Our little secret.
5. Feeling Trevor move inside for the first time, then Matt being able to feel him move.
6. Buying Trevor's Halloween outfit, just hoping that he will actually get to use it for Halloween.
7. Having discussions of how we will discipline and traditions we want in our home.
8. Putting his room together and finding a spot for everything to go.
9. Feeling helpless and having people do it for me. (I won't lie I will kind of miss this one).
10. The incredible bond I have developed with this little guy and I haven't even met him yet. (I can't wait)
11. Matt: being able to make fat comments and getting away with it. (believe me, he says it after I have Trevor and he will not get away with it.)

Now that I have taken some time to reflect, Trevor, you can come any time now and I would be happy.

8 comments:

JO said...

Jack, I am oh so excited for you! You are about to experience the best thing yet! Just you wait! I am baby hungry just thinking about a newborn! Good Luck! I can't wait to see pictures.

Jocelyn said...

We're excited for his arrival, too!

John and Anna said...

We're excited for you! Little boys are the best!!!

Hope to see you soon!

Wendy said...

Awesome post!! I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to meet him. Please let me know if you need anything. Love you.

Brianna said...

Oh Jacki, I remember. That last week or two is SOOOOOO LOOOOOOONG! I tried everything that people tell you to do- and nothing made my little girl come. :-) Don't worry though, when he does come it will be amazing!

I can't remember if I've told you; but I have a blog but it's set to private. If ya want to be blogging buds send me your email! (briannalynne0318@gmail.com) and I'll add you!!

Good luck with everything!!!! I hope this little guy comes soon for you!

M and M said...

Jack! I am so so excited for your new arrival! What an amazing time this is... definitely one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had! I can't wait to hear the news... good luck in the next few days!

Teisha said...

Yay!! So close!! Just wait he will come out and then you will hit a point where you will want him to go back in... j/k babies are fun and I can't wait to see what little Trevor will look like!! Hang in there, and just be glad that you made it this far :0)

The Mortons said...

I am so excited for you! Please let us know when her arives!