Friday, June 12, 2009

We finally found out!

So last Saturday I was talking with my sister and telling her about the fact that I had a Dr.'s appointment the following Wednesday and that I couldn't wait to find out what I was having. She said "Do you have an Ultrasound Appointment or just a regular Dr. Appointment?" I didn't know that there had to be a seperate appointment to check the sex of a baby.

Monday I called the Office to ask about the ultrasound and sure enough they weren't planning on doing a ultrasound. I was not thrilled about that and I guess you can blame in on the pregnancy but I was crying pretty hard about it and thought 'I am so sick of thinking I can find out and then get shot down and have to wait yet another two weeks'. After about an hour of me crying the Dr.'s Nurse called me back and said that the Dr. agreed to me getting an Ultrasound before meeting him on Wednesday and set up a time to go in on Tuesday afternoon.
Man talk about a complete roller coaster ride. Not only was I going to get to find out what we were having but a day earlier than I expected! So, Matt and I met up at the Dr.'s Office and get into the office...I have to back up and just say that all day Monday I started to think, Matt has been saying it's a boy for so long that I actually started to think that. He has also bought a few outifts for a boy too. But then I thought what if it is a girl? I don't do girl's hair well at all and, what are we going to do with the boy clothes we bought? I was so back and forth with what I wanted it to be and thought I think I might want a boy because then I would be giving my parents their first grandson and Matt would be happy too. But then again buying girls clothes is so much more fun and I know how to be a girl and understand them better.

Can you tell that I am so completely excited and don't care what I have?

Well back to the Dr.'s office...so we are in with the lady doing the ultrasound and she asked us if we wanted to know the sex. We both answered very quickly YES! she asked if we had a preference and Matt said he wouldn't mind it being a boy. The lady smiled and said well, then I guess I can tell you that you are having a BOY!

Matt had a very big grin on his face and I did too. I can finally call the baby a he. I know what colors to be looking for in the stores now. Here are some of the pictures we got on the ultrasound.

8 comments:

Lindsay G said...

yay! congratulations! I know it can be frustrating waiting to find out! We almost went to one of those 4-d places before we had the one from our dr...but patience pays off!

Leslie said...

YEAAA!!! Yippy Skippy.... this world needs a mini-Matt! That's awesome!

Doug and Marilyn said...

Awesome! A little boy will be so great! :) Is school done ?

Teisha said...

YAY!!!! That is so exciting!!!! Congrats you two!! :)

John and Anna said...

Hope you don't mind... but I saw your blog on Doug and Marylin's and got a little excited cause we haven't seen you guys for forever! We're way excited for you! Little boys are the best! :) You guys are awesome! Good luck with little boy shopping!

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

All I want is little boys!

Nicole said...

Hey Jacki! It's Nicole (Dawna's friend..watch out for deer...) Anyway I saw your blog..somewhere, so I peeked! How fun that you are having a baby and a boy..they are fun. Ours is almost one. It goes by much too fast! I hope you are feeling well! Give Dawna a hug from me..I miss her so much! We have a blog too, but it's private-email me to see it. nicure@gmail.com

Steph, Ty, and Kylee said...

I was so exctited when Ty passed on the news-- it only gets more exvciting from here on out.